Important: Throughout the Claims Process, KEEP ALL RECEIPTS & COPIES OF PAPERWORK!
5 Steps To Follow When Your Home Has Received Damage
- Make sure everyone is safe. People are not replaceable, but buildings are. Don’t put anyone’s life in danger, including your own, by trying to save belongings in a dangerous situation.
- Within reason, prevent the damage from worsening. For example, if a pipe has broken in your basement, shut off the water to prevent flooding. If there is rain in the forecast and you have a broken window, cover the hole with plywood or plastic. Neglecting to do this may leave you paying for any additional damages that may occur. Submit temporary repairs for reimbursement during claim adjustments and a contractor may complete them. However, be certain the contractor is well known and has a good reputation in your area.
- Obtain documentation for your expenses to submit for claim filing if relocating is necessary.
- Call your insurance agent as soon as possible and ask these simple questions:
- Is this type of damage covered under my policy?
- How long do I have to file a claim?
- What is my deductible?
- Do I need estimates for repairs?
- Do you have any specific paperwork to provide my claims specialist?
- Contact an experienced claims adjuster who is knowledgeable about structural damage and how to adequately repair it. Seek out someone who is able to detect the long term effects the damage will cause, is familiar with local and state regulations, and understands the intricacies of the claims adjustments process. The more information they are able to gather and the sooner they begin, the quicker your life can return to normal.
- Never discard damaged items before the adjuster gets there.
- If possible, take videos or photos of the damage.
- Compile a list of lost, damaged or ruined items.
Call Restoration RX For Stress-Free Claims Filing
As an experienced construction contractor and trained insurance claims specialist in Sioux Falls and the surrounding area, Restoration RX works on your behalf to fully assess all damage to your home. We will file the complete claim for you, and can insure that you are receiving everything your insurance company owes you. Our process makes for stress-free claims processing from start to finish. We are able to perform the repairs, helping to get the maximum out of your claim by reinstalling quality products instead of using the cheapest available. Trust the company that performs inspections, restorations and claims filing for South Dakota residents to reestablish peace and security to your life.